Thursday, February 17, 2011

5. Fleet Street and St. Paul's

2 February 2011: this walk I did with Emily Young, Emily Layton, Megan Bruner, and Brittney Radman. We Started off on the wall okay, finding St. Paul's easily enough but after that, we had a little bit more difficulty making our way around. This wasn't a hugely exciting walk with the main sight at the very start, but as with all the others, if you're with the right people, the walk turns into a good time. We saw the house of Dr. Samuel Johnson and that was neat because I love his quote about "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life" because it is turning out to be all too true!! Everything, even some of the not-so-exciting stuff is turning out to be a terrific experience! Take this walk for example; not the most exciting but still, you get to see London and get out in the city. I am really enjoying these walks and am thankful for them because they get us out and about :)
yes, we really enjoyed pretending to be sheep in the middle of a crowded square.

Loved seeing St. Paul's - it was bigger than I thought!

1 comment:

  1. So, you've seen one of the great London icons--St Pauls. The photo of you all as sheep and shepherd is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete