Monday, January 24, 2011

9. Inns of Court

24 January 2011: This walk, the Inns of Court, was an interesting one. It was pretty cold this day and a lot of the things on the walk seemed repetitious and, frankly, kind of boring. It started at Temple Tube stop which we all got a laugh about because it was where we had to run around to try and find The Woman In Black play and we all looked silly. So the walk was interesting as far as some of the sites we saw. We stopped on Fleet Street (Sweeney Todd) and got to see The Old Curiosity Shop immortalized by Charles Dickens, which I thought was pretty neat. We got a little bit lost at one point because we couldn't find the City of York Pub anywhere and we eventually had to ask for directions. We still never found the pub but still got on the right track. Then, towards the end of the walk, I felt like we were walking around the same place 5 times every time we would go into a "square". They all looked the same and there wasn't anything really exiting about them. Plus, I think we were all cold and just ready to be done that we had lost interest. So, overall it was a good walk but not the most interesting. I think it would have been nicer to do in the springtime when everything would be in bloom, and, not to mention, warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment